FAB recommends installing Windows updates regularly to avoid any security risks. The following guidelines are recommended by FAB:
- Windows security updates shall be installed as soon as possible after they are published by Microsoft
- Windows updates containing new features shall be delayed for 90 days. This will provide FAB enough time to implement any modifications in FAB software if this is required by a certain Windows update.
The following settings for Windows Update are recommended:
Prevent Windows from installing updates automatically
Windows 10 Pro and Windows Server 2016 Standard install Windows updates automatically and also reboot the computer automatically after the installation of updates.
To prevent automatic installation of updates and automatic reboot:
- Run gpedit.msc
- Navigate to: “Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update”
- Open “Configure Automatic Updates”
- Select “Enabled” and “3- Auto download and notify for install”